Thursday 13 November 2014

Interleukin 2 - round 2 - Day 4

Thursday November 13, 2014

Kevin's blood work from 4am today showed that his creatinine levels went from 4.2 to 3.8, which is good but it wasn't good enough for him to go home.  He has to drink a lot of liquids today to help flush out the kidneys.  He's going to the bathroom like crazy, lol.

His 4pm blood draw showed his creatinine levels went down from 3.8 to 3.2, which is awesome.  Still not low enough to go home.  They said that if tomorrow's 4am blood draw shows that it's gone down to below 3 and in the 2's he will be able to go home to recuperate.  Since it dropped down .6 in 12 hours, I'm pretty sure the next draw will show that it dropped into the 2's.  At least I hope so, I'd hate for him to have to stay there another night, although he would to be safe.

I am home right now because I had family emergency to take care of.  Kevin is doing pretty well actually.  Today he got up, got dressed and walked to the cafeteria.  He was completely exhausted after by the time he got back to his room, but we expected that.  He's mobile so I don't feel all that terrible that he's alone.  He said he had some movies on his laptop that he could watch, so that'll keep him busy. 

I hope we both get a decent nights sleep and that he can come home tomorrow.  The scans are on the 22nd of December to see if this treatment is working.  Please pray that it's working for him, that's all I ask.

Thank you for reading!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment