Saturday 22 November 2014

Interleukin 2 - round 2 - Day 13

November 22, 2014

Kevin at work before his leave to go for treatment.
His co-workers filled his cubicle with balloons,
they are very good to Kevin!

Things are going well, Kevin is improving slowly.  His biggest complaint is that he has this annoying cough, it sounds like bronchitis, but he has no fever or other signs of bronchitis.  He has been taking Nyquil to stop the coughing at night so he can sleep, but he's still very tired.  He still has mild nausea and food tastes funny, but he is getting some tastes back.  He's looking less sick as the days go on, I'm sure by the end of next week he will be back to himself.  I am worried and excited about what the scans will show.  I can see the doctor saying "your cancer is smaller, the treatment is working" so clearly.  But that may just be that I really want to hear that.  Needless to say, we are both pretty anxious.

Duke still hasn't resolved Kevin's short term disability issues.  We've been trying to get this paper work done, and done correctly, since October 20th.  Now we only have 10 days to get it straightened out or they can deny us.  We've been leaving messages and emails with Kevin's doctors and no one has called us back.  We are starting to run out of money!  It's just one extra stress that we do not need.  I didn't expect such a big hospital as Duke University Hospital to drop the ball on this.  I have one more phone number I just found that I can try.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment